UPDATE!! Since this article was written, back in 2007, there have been several events worthy of note. Shawna Forde, who was a distinct problem to us, has been indicted for murder (or accessory, or something) and LEFT WING propagandists are trying to smear other participants at the 2007 Summit, like a Tom Tancredo representative, and the whole movement Shawna took advantage of, as if they had something to do with her actions. Those are lies.
1. Neither Shawna Forde nor Minutemen American Defense “co-hosted” this event. Forde’s group pulled out of sponsorship and shared none of the expenses or management responsibilities, although Shawna did speak and presented a video, as well as manning an expense-free booth selling her T-shirts. This was our first, and last experience with Shawna.
2. Following the event, based on our experience with Shawna, we had no further contact with or collaboration with Shawna Forde. I took evidence of our seriously negative experience to the Everett Police Department, however.
3. We discovered other groups involved in oppostion to criminal immigration practices that had similar experience with Shawna, but pending any effective Police investigation did not see any advantage to making criminal allegations we could not prove in court, nor criticizing her for internal conflicts that no outside observer could weigh for veracity. We were silent despite serious institutional damage we sustained and we believe it was proper, under the circumstances. No one had accused her of violence and we couldn’t prove anything.
4. We continued and continue to have a very high opinion of Jim Gilchrist’s character, extensive knowledge, and selfless commitment to the movement. His behavior in every context as observed by our members and volunteers was exemplary. JIM GILCHRIST would make an excellent Congressman. We know for a fact that he has been repeatedly falsely accused by dishonest critics, particularly Amnesty/Open Borders advocates. We feel that his personal experience at being falsely accused, himself, led him to believe Shawna’s claims that SHE was being falsely accused and that he trusted her for too long. He is generous to a fault. And we know he never profited by anything Shawna did. Shawna cost everyone around her.
5. Our cursory and inexpert analysis of purported evidence in Shawna’s murder case seem to stronly indicate her criminal culpability. We don’t know. She deserves a trial. With all the bridges she has burnt, she would be the perfect person to set up, but we don’t find the allegations too surprising. ~ Doug Parris
THE OLD ARTICLE:
On June 30, Jim Gilchrist, one of America’s top opponents of Illegal Alien Amnesty will highlight the 2007 Washington State Illegal Immigration Summit in Everett.The Summit should be the pinnacle Conservative event of 2007.
When he founded the Minutemen Project, decorated veteran Jim Gilchrist became the Nation’s leading citizen activist for the protection of America’s borders and built the movement’s largest citizen organization. If you don’t live in an area of heavy Mexican colonization, but are aware of the problem, you probably can thank Jim Gilchrist. His impact has been that big. When others were silent he spoke up.
Accomplishing a sea change in national awareness, however, put Jim in the crosshairs of both far left subversives and corporate billionaires, everyone who profits from Immigration crime. He has paid the price. He has been physically assaulted by campus radicals, targeted by Marxist hate groups, slandered endlessly by Left-wing media and even had his organization infiltrated by a fifth-column criminal conspiracy to take over the Minuteman Project.
But he’s still standing. Dominating, actually. He has endured the hardships, stood up to the attacks and stayed true to the principles that are the last line of defense protecting American Freedom from our enemies. It shows.
Wait ‘til you hear what he has to say. We can unite and win.
In addition the event is co-hosted by Minutemen American Defense, a Washington state-wide American citizen defense coalition headed by Shawna Forde, a re-born Rock promoter from the days of the music world-shaking Seattle Rock explosion. Shawna will speak.
Representatives (or the actual candidates) will appear from Presidential campaigns for TOM TANCREDO, DUNCAN HUNTER, RON PAUL and FRED THOMPSON.
You’ll also have a chance to meet and hear Washington State Candidates that oppose illegal immigration and amnesty from city councils to the U.S. Congress, and have an opportunity to actually join the Minutemen and The Reagan Wing of the Republican Party.
It will all begin at 4PM on June 30, 2007:
at the Elks Lodge in downtown Everett at 2731 Rucker Ave. Tickets are $30 and may be ordered by emailing TICKETS@TheReaganWing.com or send your check to: P.O. Box 192 Skykomish, WA 98288, indicating your full name(s) and your return address and phone number.