The following is from Ron Ewart, President of the National Association of Rural Landowners (NARLO) www.narlo.org:
There have been several movies of late, based on the theme of peace-loving citizens being terrorized by the infamous land baron. No matter how hard the peace-loving citizens prayed or acted peacefully, the land baron kept terrorizing them with violence and mayhem. One such movie was “The Pale Rider” and another, “The Avenging Angel”. Some of you are old enough to remember Alan Ladd and Van Heflin in the classic Western, “Shane”. Of course, like so many stories, they are the ubiquitous tales of good and evil. At issue in the theme was how evil was to be confronted. In the three movies we mentioned, one man stood up and met violence with violence, while the peace-loving citizens stood by and watched. In all but the “Avenging Angel” the good guy rode off into the sunset in the end, having completed his self-imposed duty as protector and deliverer of those who refused to lift a finger and get bloody in their own battle.
With natural catastrophes, like tornados, hurricanes, floods, tsunamis, earthquakes and forest fires, you pretty much had better get out of the way, or hope that you are not in the way when the event happens. If you are in the path of the event, you can pray that you and yours won’t be harmed, but praying will not stop a hurricane. The final results of natural events are determined by the laws of physics, not man. So far, man has not been successful in changing the laws of physics, and probably never will. Nor has he much chance of affecting Earth’s climate in any measurable way, contrary to the current propaganda of popular opinion.
Man-caused evil, on the other hand, can be confronted and vanquished by good people with courage, standing up against that evil. The larger and stronger the evil, the greater the number of good people required to overcome that evil. But before the good people can act, they have to first recognize and acknowledge that the evil exists. Way too many folks today, haven’t a clue that they are even facing one evil, much less a multitude of evils.
Here are just a few of those evils that are bearing down on all good people who love freedom.
1. The Islamo-Fascists have freedom-loving people of the West in their sights for domination, annihilation, or extermination. If you can’t see it coming, you are blind. We either defeat them, or be subjugated by them, or die. It is that simple.
2. Immigrants flooding into America illegally, taking our jobs and sapping our safety-net benefits, leaving legal Americans to pay the price. If left unchecked, the breakdown of our laws, our culture, our values, our virtues, our language and our freedom will be the end result.
3. Run-away environmentalism that threatens to tear down the fabric of liberty, where environmental protection trumps constitutional guarantees and individual rights.
4. Our children, from Kindergarten through college, being brainwashed and indoctrinated in socialism, radical environmentalism and out-of-control political correctness. The concept of freedom, free markets, capitalism, our constitution and individual liberty are played down, or not covered at all. Only the socialist evil that is “collectivism”, is emphasized.
5. The threats to our very sovereignty from UN control of American private land through so-called Biospheres and Wildlife corridors, to world monetary domination by the wealthy elite. One-world-order policies that keep our borders open, trade agreements that help other countries while Americans get to foot the bill, ratifying the Law of the Sea Treaty and the creation of the North American Union. America is being sold down the river in the name of the One-World-Order and our government is the perpetrator and the enforcer. Representative government in America and for America, is all but dead.
6. Out-of-control entitlement programs that will shortly go broke, (social security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.) thus raising the extreme likelihood of substantially reduced benefits and skyrocketing taxes of every kind and nature, to meet the ever-increasing promises government has made to others for their votes, using your tax money. Europe has been immersed in socialism for decades and is now paying the price of insufficient revenues to pay for entitlements, the dumbing-down of the individual’s intellect and mind-sapping mediocrity. No one beats the law of diminishing returns and that is where Europe is headed. If we follow in their footsteps, as we are, that is where we are headed as well. It is just a matter of time.
These are but a few of the foreign and domestic enemies on our doorstep. They are knocking on your door. Can you not hear them?
So it remains to be seen. Are the good people of America going to rise up in such numbers that they will defeat the twin evils trying to destroy our freedom, that so many have paid the ultimate price to preserve, or will they look the other way, just as the German people did during Hitler’s rise to power? Or, will they pray to their God for salvation, but secretly hope for a “Pale Rider” to come along and save them from their enemies, so that they won’t have to get their hands dirty in a fight? The good people of America sacrificed much to save Europe, in two world wars. Why on Earth, would we follow their lead into damnation, when they can’t even defend themselves? The way they are going, we will probably have to save their sorry as….s again. America is the last, best hope for civilization. We either defend her and her freedom, or that hope dies with us. Russia, China, India, Mexico or any other country aren’t going to save humanity from themselves, but a free America can.
Man can’t stop a hurricane but he can certainly stop man-caused evil, if he has the will and the courage to engage the enemy on the battlefield, wherever it is, and pull his head out of the sand.
The hard, cold fact is, a single Pale Rider only comes along to save the people, in the movies. The reality is that only tens of thousands of good Pale Riders (and it will probably take millions) can defeat the growing enemies of freedom and liberty, both foreign and domestic. To do otherwise is to capitulate to inevitable enslavement, or worse, death. This Pale Rider says, “over my dead body.”
“There are those that recognize danger and act. There are those who “see” it, but do nothing. But unfortunately there are way too many of those who don’t “see” anything at all.” Ron Ewart
Here are a few of the other Pale Riders that are on the front lines getting their hands dirty, defending your freedom. We encourage you to seek them out and learn what they are doing on your behalf.
1. Jeff Bennett of Phoenix, AZ and his “Federal Observer” website and daily radio show. Jeff means business and he is taking names and kicking b…..ts.
2. Brave ranchers Charles and Roni Sylvester of Northeast Colorado, who host the “Good Neighbor Law” website.
3. The great folks at the “Klamath Falls Bucket Brigade“, who took on the government, the environmentalists and the commercial fishermen and beat them back..
4. Susan who hosts the informative and always lively “Price of Liberty“ website.
5. And let us not forget the tireless Henry Lamb of Tennessee who hosts the ever-present, firing-on-all- cylinders, the “Freedom21 Eco-Logic Power House” on-line magazine.
6. Then there is the incomparable Doug Parris of Seattle, who hosts the conservative “ReaganWing” website. A hard-hitting website that covers all the bases for conservative Americans.
These are the “Pale Riders” we know and that print NARLO’s articles, essays and reports. There are hundreds more and the list is growing daily.