… in the battle that looms in 2012 against the forces of darkness, against the forces empowering and empowered by Obama, the Republican Elite (record their names as they reveal themselves) propose to engage the beast with a machine, a clone, a Republican battle-droid artificially fabricated in years of polls and focus groups, in countless hours of tactical evasion and practiced “messaging.”
Mitt Romney is now, officially, the John McCain, the Bob Dole of 2012.
Or is it the Richard Nixon?
Beast versus Machine
Mitt is a machine of cunning magniloquence.
He can explain it…
He quickly becomes what you want him to be. Just tell him, please, what you want to hear. he can make you hear it.
Ann Coulter heard it. Even Marco Rubio, both of them otherwise sane individuals.
Mitt can explain it all away.
He has mastered escape. You cannot trap him.
His opponents point out that he has never produced a conservative result. But his supporters reply: “He can change!!”
Yes, gentlemen, that is the problem. He changes with every wind. Inside the man there is a void. Inside the intellect there is no heart, politically, but ambition. He is the exact opposite of Ron Paul. If you hate Ron Paul, vote for Romney. Part of me hopes you get what you deserve.
And at every stop he adds the credulous and conniving to his caravan:
- Shallow and casual “Republicans” too busy to do their homework,
- Marvelously mindless MINOs, “mormons” in name only, oblivious to Mitt’s spectacularly anti-Mormon record,
- And, of course, the Unprincipalled Pragmatists who morph along with him, lying as necessary.
This is incalculable evil served up by a coalition of the incredibly naive and incurably Machiavellian, standing, comfortably, side-by-side.
- Of course it imperils the future of the Party.
- Of course it foreshadows economic disaster.
- Of course it threatens the Republic.
But you have to admit it is fascinating to watch.