Too bad that the Liberty vote will be split between a) Ron-Paul write-ins, b) Gary Johnsson, c) Mitt Romney, d) Barack Obama, and e) not voting at all.
A good case can be made for each of the above. Really.
Now, if Ron Paul would have let his preference known it could have united the Liberty vote, so we would all vote the same, and our votes would really be felt. Alas, he has been silent on the matter, and now various Liberty voices are all recommending different routes.
I think Ron Paul would be the first to say that the Liberty Movement is bigger than any one person – including Ron Paul.
Ron Paul has done a terrific job of promoting Liberty, but like all people, his time is drawing to a close and yet the movement goes on. Given that he isn’t running this year, and won’t be running in the future, it is time to let go of Ron Paul, thank him for his service to Liberty, but keep focused on the future. For good or ill, Gary Johnson is now the focus of the Libertarian Party, and for those who think the future of freedom is not with the Ds or Rs, I think it important to support the Libertarian Party. This year, that happens to be voting for Gary Johnson (who has already announced plans to follow up in 2016, and after that, it likely will be someone new).
Because the total of write-ins is tallied, but the identity of the write in candidate is only explored if a write-in could win, there is no real purpose in writing in Dr. Paul’s name . . . except, of course, if you just like him. A vote for Gary, however, could push him over 5%, entitling him to federal funds in 2016 (from the voluntary check off on 1040’s) and that would help build the future of the Liberty Movement. In all events, Johnson votes will be tallied and will be reported as a show of the strength of the Liberty Movement.
All other votes will have, at best, confused and conflicted meanings.
How apropo… .thank you for revealing further confirmation of Gary Johnson’s constitutionally challenged character!
The last thing liberty minded patriots should be begging for is further erosion of sound money by seeking tax handouts for political parties! In fact there is no constitutional provision for handing out the people’s wealth to such infamous organizations. A good reason to not vote any party but write-in instead!
Such lack of constitutional acumen by Johnson goes hand in hand with his other positions so lacking in liberty principle, such as:
– his apathy for the plight of the unborn holocaust in favor of his support for so called right of women to choose death for their own unborn over their life as human beings endowed by their creator…
– his support of more unconstitutional taxing of the poor to reward the wealth politically connected in his support for an unconstitutional so-called ‘flat tax’, instead of doing away with any unconstitutional ‘taking';
– his milk toast approach to sound money and the criminal counterfeiting enterprise known as the FED. One could acknowledge of course that this does keep him in the good graces of the FED’s erstwhile powerful owners, something few but the most brave patriots dare to oppose;
– his continued advocacy of taking mind altering drugs as if stopping the unconstitutional drug war is somehow bed fellow to abberent or immoral personal behavior… when in fact ending the federal drug war is all about supporting our constitution and leaving these issues where they were meant to be left… decided by the citizens of the several states;
– his less than clear approach to Constitutional wars by limited governments, the Just Christian war theory;
– and, well… like Robama’s blissful myth of balancing the Olympics budget [really with tax dollars], Johnson’s oft repeated mantra of vetoing more bills than all politicians in New Mexico history… which is not bad, but it “is thin milk in the pulpit”.
We are the liberty movement! We choose individuals calculated on principles which far and above any other person in the last 40 years, have been best articulated, soundly illustrated, clearly followed and repeatedly wielded by the statesman who will go down in history as the greatest congressman in US history!
So who is really the best person to be in the White House during these waning days of American freedom and liberty?
The question really answers itself!
Ron Paul 2012, Ron Paul or another Ron Paul 2016, Get use to it! The grassroots is attaching itself to America and liberty, and distancing itself from party!
Hold onto the keys to liberty and vote the right person for the White House, above any party!
The liberty vote will be represented by the Ron Paul write ins and the third party choices. Ron Paul has been clear from the beginning that he wouldn’t be endorsing instead he takes allows free people to decide for themselves.
I am not blaming Ron Paul. I am merely stating what I perceive to be the facts. The Liberty vote will be divided between write-ins, Gary Johnson, Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, and non-voters. Various Liberty factions are advocating different approaches, and making what they perceive to be a good case. Personally, I think Gary Johnson makes the most sense (even though I disagree strongly with him on several issues).