The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President . . . . (more…)
Archive for the ‘National Politics’ Category
Posted in 2012 Presidential Race, Candidates, Constitutional Law, Counterfeit Conservatism, Counterfeit Conservatives, Economic Impact, Economics, Election News, Elections, Federal Reserve, Government, Mitt Romney, National Politics, Politicians, Politics, Republican Party Reform, Republican Principles, Rick Perry, RINOs, Ron Paul on August 16, 2011 | 3 Comments »
~ RNC Chair Michael Steele at 2011 Chairmanship Debate
Michael Steele lost his position as chair of the RNC, today, replaced by the improbably named, Reince Priebus (pronounced “Rynce PREE-bis.”) in a field without a reputedly conservative contender. (more…)
Leaders in the White House, the Congress, and the Republican National Committee and its affiliates, along with most Republican leaders at the state level, have failed – or outright betrayed – the conservative voters who put them in their positions.
Echoing the sentiments expressed by Rush Limbaugh, the last few days, is the following from Richard Viguerie:
MANASSAS, Va., May 14 /CNW/ — The Republican Party must have new leadership, or conservatives will continue to withhold support, and the Party will crash in flames in November, Richard A. Viguerie, publisher of ConservativeHQ.com, said. “Accordingly, Republican Party leaders must resign.” (more…)
Posted in Agenda, Capitalism, Coporations, Crime and Punishment, Economics, Effects, Elections, Energy, Environmentalism, Fallicies, Fiscal Morality, Free Markets, Free Trade, Lies and Fraud, N American Partnership, National Politics, One World Order, Patriotism, Politicians, Republican Principles, Rule of Law, Take Action, The Reagan Wing, Wealth Gap on June 10, 2007 | 8 Comments »
Giant speculative investment funds and oil companies now make tremendous profits raiding the oil spot-market, playing seemingly separate but implicitly cooperative roles serving up the same end-effect as Enron wreaked on California.
Remember what Enron did to California and millions of investors? It took advantage of deregulation in California, manipulating electricity prices by raiding the futures market, overscheduling power lines, and creating fears about shortages. PG&E went bankrupt because it could not raise rates to customers.(1) The whole thing unraveled, and Enron went down in flames in the biggest bankruptcy in American history. (more…)
Posted in 2008 Pesidential Race, Agenda, Amnesty, Border Security, Duncan Hunter, Fred Thompson, Illegal Immigration, Membership, Mexican Invaders, National Politics, Politicians, The Reagan Wing, Tom Tancredo, WA State Politics on May 19, 2007 | 4 Comments »
UPDATE!! Since this article was written, back in 2007, there have been several events worthy of note. Shawna Forde, who was a distinct problem to us, has been indicted for murder (or accessory, or something) and LEFT WING propagandists are trying to smear other participants at the 2007 Summit, like a Tom Tancredo representative, and the whole movement Shawna took advantage of, as if they had something to do with her actions. Those are lies.
1. Neither Shawna Forde nor Minutemen American Defense “co-hosted” this event. Forde’s group pulled out of sponsorship and shared none of the expenses or management responsibilities, although Shawna did speak and presented a video, as well as manning an expense-free booth selling her T-shirts. This was our first, and last experience with Shawna.
2. Following the event, based on our experience with Shawna, we had no further contact with or collaboration with Shawna Forde. I took evidence of our seriously negative experience to the Everett Police Department, however.
3. We discovered other groups involved in oppostion to criminal immigration practices that had similar experience with Shawna, but pending any effective Police investigation did not see any advantage to making criminal allegations we could not prove in court, nor criticizing her for internal conflicts that no outside observer could weigh for veracity. We were silent despite serious institutional damage we sustained and we believe it was proper, under the circumstances. No one had accused her of violence and we couldn’t prove anything.
4. We continued and continue to have a very high opinion of Jim Gilchrist’s character, extensive knowledge, and selfless commitment to the movement. His behavior in every context as observed by our members and volunteers was exemplary. JIM GILCHRIST would make an excellent Congressman. We know for a fact that he has been repeatedly falsely accused by dishonest critics, particularly Amnesty/Open Borders advocates. We feel that his personal experience at being falsely accused, himself, led him to believe Shawna’s claims that SHE was being falsely accused and that he trusted her for too long. He is generous to a fault. And we know he never profited by anything Shawna did. Shawna cost everyone around her.
5. Our cursory and inexpert analysis of purported evidence in Shawna’s murder case seem to stronly indicate her criminal culpability. We don’t know. She deserves a trial. With all the bridges she has burnt, she would be the perfect person to set up, but we don’t find the allegations too surprising. ~ Doug Parris
THE OLD ARTICLE:
On June 30, Jim Gilchrist, one of America’s top opponents of Illegal Alien Amnesty will highlight the 2007 Washington State Illegal Immigration Summit in Everett.The Summit should be the pinnacle Conservative event of 2007.
When he founded the Minutemen Project, decorated veteran Jim Gilchrist became the Nation’s leading citizen activist for the protection of America’s borders and built the movement’s largest citizen organization. If you don’t live in an area of heavy Mexican colonization, but are aware of the problem, you probably can thank Jim Gilchrist. His impact has been that big. When others were silent he spoke up.